Lake District 10 Peaks
The Lake District 10 Peaks Challenge is a fore-shortened version of the 2 day Lake District 24 Peaks Challenge and is based on the day 1 leg of this 2 day event.
The 10 Peaks is designed to involve fairly strenuous exercise and for your own safety you must be aware of this and consider carefully whether your general level of fitness, or any particular illness or ailment prevents you from participation.
This is a tough challenge that will test your endurance and strength. Set in the stunningly beautiful Lake District you will climb 10 peaks within 24 hours, encountering difficult terrain, lengthy descents and steep ascents along the way.
Your mental and physical strength will be tested to the max!
Why not challenge yourself and a team of colleagues with this exciting 10 Peaks event which provides an excellent platform for both team building and/or charity fundraising.
- Start/finish: Gatesgarth - Buttermere / Stool End Farm / Great Langdale
- Target time: 12 hours
- Leg 1:Gatesgarth Farm - Red Pike 4.5km / 155 mins
- Leg 2: Red Pike - High Stile 1.2km / 29 mins
- Leg 3: High Stile - High Crag 1.5km / 36 mins
- Leg 4: High Crag - Green Gable 6km / 147 mins
- Leg 5: Green Gable - Great Gable 0.8km / 26 mins
- Leg 5: Great Gable - Lingmell 4.2km / 99 mins
- Leg 6: Lingmell - Scafell Pike 1.5km / 50 mins
- Leg 7: Scafell Pike - Great End 1.8km / 43 mins
- Leg 8: Great End - Esk Pike 1.6km / 35 mins
- Leg 9: Esk Pike - Bow Fell 1.6km / 40 mins
- Leg 10: Bow Fell - Stool End Farm 3.5km / 95 mins
Total estimated time: 12 hour 35 mins
This event is a demanding challenge and it should not be underestimated. It requires a high level of physical fitness and thorough preparation training especially for those individuals without prior experience of high level mountain walks.
We can provide help and guidance on the fitness side providing detailed information on fitness programmes and we also offer Preparation Training weekends in the Lake District.