Lake District 24 Peaks
The Lake District 24 Peaks Challenge is a two day challenge over a walking distance of 31 miles which will push your mental and physical strength to the limit.
The 24 Peaks is designed to involve fairly strenuous exercise and for your own safety you must be aware of this and consider carefully whether your general level of fitness, or any particular illness or ailment prevents you from participation.
This is a tough challenge that will test your endurance and strength and requires a high level of stamina to compete with limited recovery time over a two day period.
Set in the stunningly beautiful Lake District you will climb 24 peaks within 24 hours, encountering difficult terrain, lengthy descents and steep ascents along the way.
Why not challenge yourself and a team of colleagues with this exciting 24 Peaks event which provides an excellent platform for both team building and/or charity fundraising.
- Day 1 Start/finish: Gatesgarth - Buttermere / Stool End Farm / Great Langdale
- Target time: 12 hours
- Day 2 Start/finish: Kirkstone Pass / Grovebeck Fold
- Target time: 10 hours
Day 1 Route - as per Lake District 10 Peaks.
Day 2 Route - 14 Peaks as follows:
- Leg 11: Kirkstone Pass - Red Screes 800m / 75 mins
- Leg 12: Red Screes - Dove Crag 3.3km / 84 mins
- Leg 13: Dove Crag - Hart Crag 1km / 25 mins
- Leg 14: Hart Crag - Fairfield 1.3km / 35 mins
- Leg 15: Fairfield - Seat Sandal 1.5km / 70 mins
- Leg 16: Seat Sandal - Dollywagon Pike 1.6km / 60 mins
- Leg 17: Dollywagon Pike - Nethermost Pike 1.3km / 30m
- Leg 17: Nethermost Pike - Helvellyn 1.1km / 28 mins
- Leg 18: Helvellyn - Lower Man 0.7km / 17 mins
- Leg 19: Lower Man - Whiteside 1.2km / 31 mins
- Leg 20: Whiteside - Raise 1km / 22 mins
- Leg 21: Raise - Stybarrow Dodd 1.8km / 40 mins
- Leg 22: Stybarrow Dodd - Watson Dodd 1.1km / 28 mins
- Leg 23: Watson Dodd - Great Dodd 1.3km / 33 mins
- Leg 24: Great Dodd - Grovebeck Fold 3.9km / 78 mins
Total estimated time: 11 hours 56 mins
This is by far our toughest Lake District challenge event and a high level of physical fitness and thorough preparation are essential to ensure success - so be prepared!